Education is power. Whether you want to learn how to save and spend money wisely, how to be the best parent you can be or how to find a job that supports your family, Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph offers a range of educational programs to meet your needs. And, when you have the education you need to succeed, you’re on your way to transforming your life.
Here are just a few of the educational opportunities available at Catholic Charities:
Financial Literacy and Economic Security
Your finances affect almost every aspect of your life. But many people feel overwhelmed by money management. Our economic security coordinator and experienced case managers can help. We offer:
- Women and Money: How gender differences affect the way we earn, save and spend
- Living on a Fixed Income: Learn to make wise choices that make your money last
- Planning for the Future: Techniques for developing long-term savings and investments
- And more, including how to set financial goals, read your credit report and write your resume
Expecting a child can be one of life’s most joyous moments. But, when a pregnancy is unplanned or unexpected, it can also be filled with uncertainty. Our programs for expectant and new mothers and fathers can provide you with the education, support and confidence you need to be the best parent for your baby.
When you work with our experienced case managers, you receive:
- Prenatal education: nutritional needs, gestational diabetes and healthy lifestyles
- Safe sleep instruction for your baby
- Strategies for coping with a crying baby
- Information about shaken baby syndrome
- Ages and Stages child development assessments
Work that pays a livable wage is a proven pathway out of poverty. View our range of services that give job seekers the skills they need to find meaningful employment.